Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Random Snippets of Conversations


 “He was the only guy at the party that wanted to listen to Tom Petty. It was a nightmare. He wore the Full Moon Fever shirt that he bought when he went to see him.”

 “So did you cancel your interview?”
“No. I couldn’t cancel just because of that. What would it look like?”
“So, what did you do?”
“Well, I ended up going but my nose bled through the whole thing. The lady who was doing the interview looked a little uncomfortable by the whole scene. She kept asking me if I was okay but I just said - ‘c’mon give me another question, but she was like - uh, maybe you should go to the hospital. That’s when I passed out.”

“In high school they used to call him ‘Franklin the Wallet’ and now everyone wears the wallets with the chains.”

“Have you ever noticed that Charlene always blames everything on her hair?

“Did you hear about Ray?”
“No.”
“He was at a restaurant in Barrie and a TV fell on him.”
“What?”
“No shit. He was eating wings and it was in a sports bar and one of the TVs came unscrewed or something and fell no him.”
“Hurt him?”
“Yeah, pretty bad.”

 “They teased me because I liked that Bronski Beat song. You know it’s been like twenty years and I still take a lot of heat over that. I mean, get over it. Am I right? Is it such a crime to like a song?”
“A Bronski Beat song?”
“Yeah.”
“I think it is, actually.”