Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bangus County crowns Miss Bangus 2010 - No controversy here...

Bangus County (BON) --Miss Bangus County Helena Goddard is an Unitarian with no heritage whatsoever, but her family is "not defined by religion," Goddard said.

"I'm an Canadian girl," Goddard said. "I can spend days drinking around a campfire, and just to be clear, my family comes from many different backgrounds and religions. They are all dead now as I am quite old, but I can still do it up around the pole."


The newest Miss Bangus County, crowned last weekend, was interviewed Wednesday by Bangus Online. Goddard downplayed the significance of photographs that emerged online this week showing her dancing and gleefully grinding against a stripper's pole.

"Everyone took them as if I was stripping, which to be honest with you was just a competition," she said. "It was more of an event held by 102 Bangus FM."