Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Quick Q&A with Tom Waits

Q: Hi Tom Waits! What’s the question you get asked the most?

A: Alright, alright, actually I get asked ah… well look I think the question I get asked the most uh is…well I mean it happens a lot, enough that I would remark on it. A lot of people come up to me and they say, ‘Tom um, is it possible for a woman to get pregnant without intercourse?’ And uh, my answer’s always the same. I say, well listen we’re going to have to go all the way back to the Civil War. Uh, apparently a stray bullet actually pieced the testicle of a Union soldier and then lodged itself in the ovaries of an eighteen year old girl who was actually a hundred feet from him at the time. Uh, well the baby was fine and she was very happy, guilt free. And uh, of course the soldiers a little pissed off. Uh, when you think about it, it’s actually a form of intercourse. But uh, not for everyone. Uh those who love action maybe.”

Q: Thanks Tom. That’s outstanding!